shocked-monkeyHave you ever wondered about the function of your hair besides keeping you warm and making your face look pretty? Have you ever heard someone say something about hair and you stop and wonder if it could be true?

Well I have too, and there are so many interesting things about hair that make it truly remarkable, so here are 19 awesome hair facts that you should know.

1. Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the human body. The first is bone marrow.

2. The average amount of hair on the human head is 100,000.

 

3. A single strand has a thickness of 0.02-0.04mm.

 

4. Hair can cover the entire body except the soles of your feet, the palms of your hand, lips and mucous membranes.

 

5. Black hair is the most common hair colour.

 

6. Healthy hair when wet can stretch up to 30% of it’s original length.

 

7. Human hair grows faster in warm weather because it stimulates hair growth.

 

8. We lose 50-100 strands of hair every-day.

 

 

9. Hair is mostly made up of keratin, which is similar to what our fingernails and toenails are made of.

 

10. At any random point, about 90% of the human hair is in a growing phase, while the other 10% is in a resting phase.

 

11. Humans are born with all of their hair follicles and there is no way to increase the amount of hair follicles you have.

 

12. On average, healthy human hair grows 0.3 – 0.5mm per day.

 

13. Women tend to lose a lot of hair after giving birth because of their hormone regulating back to normal.

 

14. The only way to fix split ends is to cut them off. There is no way to completely repair them.

 

 

15. Hair grows the fastest during the summer, during sleep and between the ages of 16 – 24

 

 

16. Facial hair grows faster than any other type of body hair.

 

17. Body hair is generally shorter because the growing phase is a lot shorter than the growing phases of hair on the scalp.

 

18. Gender is one thing that cannot be identified by a hair strand.

 

19. Men’s hair grows faster than women’s hair.
19 Awesome hair facts that most people don’t know. Do You Know Any?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *